Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Happy Birthday Boys!!!

Two years ago today (February 4) my little boys were born! It was a very exciting day, partly because we weren't expecting them for 3 more weeks (I had a scheduled C-section set for 38 weeks). I had been having contractions for about 8 weeks and was taking medication every 4 hours to stop them. Once in a while the medication wouldn't stop them and I would have to go to the hospital for an IV and some monitoring. Joey and I woke-up on Superbowl Sunday morning and decided we should head to the hospital to stop the contractions I had been having all night. Our wonderful friends, the Jasinskis, took Hayden and we went. We got to the hospital and the doctor was able to stop the contractions for a bit but then they started right back up again. So, that day we got our little Spencer and Lincoln. The C-section, which actually took place right before kickoff of the football game, went well but the boys had some respiratory distress and were in the NICU for a week, which was actually a shorter amount of time than originally anticipated. My in-laws found out the boys were being born and were in LA from Northern California within a few hours. Joey's aunt and uncle came and picked up Hayden, brought her to the hospital and took care of her until my in-laws arrived. It was such a whirlwind of a day! I couldn't have done it without my hubby, the Jasinskis, Bob, Deborah, Jeff and Dianne! Thanks so much to Dede and Nonni who came out for a few weeks when we brought the boys home. You are the best!!!!

Here is a picture of "the belly" about 3 weeks before the boys were born.

I looked nervous, well, I should have been!

Spencer in the NICU.

Lincoln in the NICU.

My poor husband, he would go to law school during the day and visit me and the boys in the evening. I remember thinking how hard the pregnancy had been on me, but he really took on so much responsibility and never complained. He helped me stay positive. I love you babe!!!



The boys on their blessing day.

Look how little they were!
This might be my most favorite picture of my little bubbas!
This had been a wonderful two years and I look forward to many, many more!

9 comments:

Abby said...

Happy Birthday Spencer and Lincoln.

I don't know how you do it Katie. They are such cuties.

I love that they look exactly the same! Happy Day little ones!!

karin said...

Your belly was not that big for having 2 in there. And you don't look nervous at all, I think I was about in tears in my photo like that.

They do look exactly the same as when they were babies.

Happy Birthday Boys!

Darci said...

Like I have said before you were so brave to have kids while your hubby was in Law School, there was NO way I was going to do that. So way to go!!!

Happy Birthday Boys, 2 is so exciting.

Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday Spencer and Lincoln. You are an amazing mom Katie what lucky little munchkins :) Love you.

jean said...

Happy Birthday Lincoln and Spencer!! I can't believe it's already been 2 years!!

Kindermusik with Celeste said...

Yay, Happy Birthday to the twiners! Wish I had daughters to arrange a marriage! Miss you guys, hope life is good!

P.S. You belly looked gorgeous...pregnancy is good to you.

Bethany said...

Happy Birthday to your adorable little boys!! You were one skinny little lady for having twins!!

Bethany said...

Oh,and I love this Delightful Dots background site - I just found it this week. Cute background!!

Karolyn said...

I remember when they were born. I can't believe they are already two. They are such cute boys, and you look fantastic in all of those photos. You guys have a wonderful family.