My friend, Emily, tagged me so here it is...
6 Things People Don't Know About Me...
1. I'm not exactly "athletic" but I was in a lot of sports as a child. My dad's business sponsored our T-ball team when I was 6 and 7. The next year, I played basketball and made one basket the whole season...I was definitely the weakest link. I also played doubles tennis in high school.
2. I may be responsible for the depletion in the ozone. When I was younger I loved, loved, loved hairspray! I used way too much of it and now our world is suffering for it. And yes, I am wearing shoulder pads...it was 1990, cut me some slack!
3. My cat Carmel was the best cat ever!!!! She was run over by a car...okay, our car and I haven't liked cats since. 4. My sister, Liz, is 6 years older than I am and I was her little shadow growing-up. I also loved to do things that she did. She did choir, so I choose to do choir, she did theater, so I did theater...etc. etc. Here is a picture of Lizard and me and a picture of me in my high school's production of "You Can't Take It With You".
5. My brothers passed this bike on to me when I was 5 or 6. I had no idea it was a boys bike. I also had no idea that it had a huge whole in the tire. I rode around for an entire summer on a totally flat tire.
6. My best friends in college and still today are both named Megan/Meagan. We had so much fun together...maybe too much fun!!
7. One more....I was totally shocked when Joey asked me to marry him. He put off the vibe that he wanted to date for a long time...blah, blah, blah, but nope, 2 months after we started dating he decided he couldn't live without me and proposed. We were visiting his parents in California(I was meeting them for the first time) and I told him I really wanted to see the ocean. I had a girls day with his mom and sisters-in-law while he went to watch the NCAA Tournament at a friends house...well that was a lie, he actually went and bought my ring. When the girls got back, he took me to the ocean and popped the question...I was totally surprised. We were married 5 months later in the Oakland Temple. I'm one lucky lady!!!
Sunday, July 20, 2008
My friend, Emily, tagged me so here it is...
Posted by Katie Anderson at 10:32 AM
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Posted by Katie Anderson at 6:55 PM
Thursday, July 10, 2008
So the absolute hardest and most wonderful calling/job/responsibility I have in this life is motherhood. This summer I have been with my kids more than ever before. Joey is studying for the bar and gone more than ever. What I want more than anything is for my kids to feel loved and appreciated. Sometimes that's hard when I have to pry Spencer's teeth off of Lincoln's ear because he is pulling a Mike Tyson or when Hayden's response to everything is, "I'm sick, I can't do that, but can I have some candy?" What I want to try to do is to balance my needs and wants with their needs and wants. I want to spend time with them and know that I love being with them. However, I need a little time everyday to sit and relax...Hayden has quiet time and the boys nap. That lets my mind sit still just long enough to remember that motherhood is extremely important and they will grow up so fast. It also allows me to remember me and that I'm still Katie even though my most important calling is being Hayden, Spencer and Lincoln's mom. How do you try to balance? How do you make time for you without being selfish? What do you do for yourself?...I feel like all my "Katie time activities" always have something to do with my kids...is that okay? I want to be a present, loving, caring mother and I want to know how you do it...please share!
Posted by Katie Anderson at 2:47 PM
Saturday, July 5, 2008
Happy 4th of July! We went appliance shopping for the new house in the morning...poor Joey! In the afternoon, we had a BBQ with some friends. We have been blessed with wonderful friends here in Los Angeles. We will miss them so much when we leave but we will only be an hour away, so at least it's not goodbye forever. The kids were exhausted by the time we got home and were asleep at 7pm...no fireworks this year. There is always next year!
Happy America Day, Sam (my cute nephew)!!!!
Posted by Katie Anderson at 11:38 AM
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
I took the kids to the pool today. We had a great time! Hayden was so brave and got right in the water. By the end of the day, she even took her water-wings off!The boys liked sitting next to the pool more than going in. I have fancy little tube floaty things for the boys but they both hated them...that was a waste of $40! We are heading back next week if anyone wants to join us!!!
Posted by Katie Anderson at 7:00 PM