Sunday, July 20, 2008

I've been tagged...

My friend, Emily, tagged me so here it is...

6 Things People Don't Know About Me...

1. I'm not exactly "athletic" but I was in a lot of sports as a child. My dad's business sponsored our T-ball team when I was 6 and 7. The next year, I played basketball and made one basket the whole season...I was definitely the weakest link. I also played doubles tennis in high school.
2. I may be responsible for the depletion in the ozone. When I was younger I loved, loved, loved hairspray! I used way too much of it and now our world is suffering for it. And yes, I am wearing shoulder pads...it was 1990, cut me some slack!



3. My cat Carmel was the best cat ever!!!! She was run over by a car...okay, our car and I haven't liked cats since. 4. My sister, Liz, is 6 years older than I am and I was her little shadow growing-up. I also loved to do things that she did. She did choir, so I choose to do choir, she did theater, so I did theater...etc. etc. Here is a picture of Lizard and me and a picture of me in my high school's production of "You Can't Take It With You".


5. My brothers passed this bike on to me when I was 5 or 6. I had no idea it was a boys bike. I also had no idea that it had a huge whole in the tire. I rode around for an entire summer on a totally flat tire.

6. My best friends in college and still today are both named Megan/Meagan. We had so much fun together...maybe too much fun!!


7. One more....I was totally shocked when Joey asked me to marry him. He put off the vibe that he wanted to date for a long time...blah, blah, blah, but nope, 2 months after we started dating he decided he couldn't live without me and proposed. We were visiting his parents in California(I was meeting them for the first time) and I told him I really wanted to see the ocean. I had a girls day with his mom and sisters-in-law while he went to watch the NCAA Tournament at a friends house...well that was a lie, he actually went and bought my ring. When the girls got back, he took me to the ocean and popped the question...I was totally surprised. We were married 5 months later in the Oakland Temple. I'm one lucky lady!!!

11 comments:

tawni said...

Awe...I liked the last one. I also had a cat (my first cat) who was also ran over by our car. My mom did it. Can't wait to see you soon!

Jacy said...

I loved that Joey proposed two months later. Of COURSE he couldn't let a catch like you get away! Smart man. Also, I totally had the same hair-sprayed bangs as you. We called them the "flower" bangs. I thought they were so awesome!

Heidi said...

Oh my! Hayden is your twin! What great photos!

Morgan Moore said...

You guys are adorable and Hayden looks so much like you did as a child. You are a cutie pie!

xoxo

Karolyn said...

Hayden looks so much like you. I loved reading these things about you. It's fun to see you growing up in the photos.

betsey said...

I love these pictures Katie! It is fun to see little you and to see how much Hayden resembles you. And that you were the cutest little girl ever! Seriously, that t-ball picture, I just want to pinch your cheeks!

I want to know if other people than those of us from Indiana have school pictures like yours? With the neon verticle lines? That picture took me back...I love it!

The Corbridge's said...

Yes Betsey - I have several school pics with the vertical blinds behind me.. different colors though :) and I grew up in Cali, so they must have been everywhere :)

Katie - I love looking at your blog and don't comment enough. It is fun to see pics of you when you were little. Jared and I just decided last week that we are moving to Orange County next year after school and are looking at Rancho Santa Margarita. I would love to get your new telephone number when you get there so we can chat - I am sure I will have questions this next year and would love to call you! Goodluck with your last month there.

Love, Stephenie

Elizabeth said...

I love this, you were such an adorable little kid. No wonder your kids are so cute. I remember those bangs - hair of steel :) You didn't get that from me. I barely do my hair now! Love you.

Ryan and Emily said...

Great post Katie! It was fun to learn more about you and see those pics of you when you were little. Seriously Hayden looks so much like you. Thanks for being a good sport and doing my tag!

The 'Chard said...

I think that in the school picture (with the blinds) you look exactly like Stephanie on full house. Adorable.

Coach Lee said...

hey katie (used to be Wood) this is Jodi (used to be Wardwell)...i came across your blog through Megan's. SOOO good to catch up on your life through your blog!