Friday, August 8, 2008

We are here and Happy Anniversary!

So we are here at our new home in Orange County! We are still living in chaos so I will try to get pictures of the new house out in the next day or two! I love, love, love it here. I miss my friends more than I ever thought possible but I love having a house. I love sending the kids out to the backyard. I love the beautiful green scenery. I love the clean stores and the incredibly nice employees. Yesterday Hayden, my mom and I went for a Girls Night Out before my mom heads back to Tennessee. In the car, Hayden said, "Mom, I love it here...I love the trees, I love the cars, I love the mountains..." She went on and on.

Also, Joey and I are celebrating our 5th Anniversary today. We were married in the Oakland temple just 8 months after meeting. He is my Prince Charming. He makes me feel like a million bucks. On our first date, I was smitten. We played a card game on that first date and I thought he was crazy competitive...I didn't know then that he is just a sarcastic guy and likes to push peoples' buttons. I invited him to a party at my house the next week and he didn't show:( Before the party, I went to the restaurant I worked at and saw a friend of his who looked at me and said, "I thought Joey was out a date with you." I thought, "Nope, but that means he is on a date with someone else." So I too, went on a few dates thinking Joey wasn't interested or willing to date just one girl...then we saw each other on the BYU bus to campus and he realized he had to have me...I think. We started dating in February, got engaged on March 21 and were married on August 8. I love thinking about our first dates...La Dolce Vita, P.F. Changs and lots and lots of talking. We never ran out of anything to say. I have never felt more like myself then when I'm with him. He makes me feel totally comfortable and totally okay with just being me. He is one heck of a guy and I'm one lucky lady! LOVE YOU BIG TIME!

10 comments:

Poelmans said...

Congrats! That's so exciting, we'd love to see some pics.

Kindermusik with Celeste said...

Ahhhhh...Happy Anniversary.

P.S. Glad you like your new place! Tell Hayden I miss her!

jaredandjen said...

Congratulations on your anniversary and your new house!

Heidi said...

Happy Anniversary! Can't wait to see pics of the house. I just can't even imagine how nice that must be to have a backyard and the neighborhood spread out and clean!

Jen said...

Happy anniversary,You guys are such a cute couple, love the story. congrats on getting into a house. Hope moving in an settling goes smoothly.

Elizabeth said...

Congradulations on 5 years. My how time flies! We love Joey and are so glad that he is a part of our family. I hope we get to see your house someday. Sam would love the wide open spaces and the backyard would be a serious hit :) LOVE YOU.

Karolyn said...

I'm glad you guys are settling in and loving your new place. Happy Anniversary.

Jacy said...

I'm glad you're liking your new place. A backyard sounds divine! We miss you! And happy anniversary!!

marisa said...

congratulations you two! joey, you are one lucky guy. your wife is amazing. love the blog. love you.

Unknown said...

more pics of house, less talking!