Friday, January 16, 2009

Vacation and Birthday

This past week my in-laws came down from Northern California to stay in Newport Beach. They were kind enough to invite us to stay with them and pretend we were far, far away. We had a great time and are already having withdrawals. Thank you so much Nonni and Bobpa!!!

Our first full day was spent at Disneyland. Joey has been busy at work and Saturday was the only full day he could spend with us so we headed to the "Happiest Place on Earth".

The kids loved the putting green at the resort...do we have a Tiger Woods on our hands, ummmm, no!

The view from our villa.


Joey had to leave at 3am one morning to be in LA by 5am (being a lawyer stinks) and billed 8 hours by noon so he snuck back to the resort to swim with the kids for a bit.

Nonni and Bobpa swimming with the kids.
Joey turned the big 2-8 while we were with his parents!!!! Unfortunately he had to work on his birthday so we got a little cake in between conference calls. He is working from home this weekend so I plan on making a yummy meal and a dessert of his choice to make-up for all the fun I had while his parents were here and he was slaving away. You are a great husband and father and I'm so lucky to call you mine! Glub you!

4 comments:

Abby said...

I am glad you guys had fun!! We sure missed you guys! And Happy Birthday Joey!!

Bethany said...

Happy Birthday to Joey! Man, you guys are young! The view from the villa is amazing! What a fun place to stay! I've been wanting to go to the beach all week. Welcome back!!

Ryan and Emily said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! Can you believe you guys were swimming in January? Crazy and fun! So I saw that you got called into the Young Womens. I'm sure you are loving it and it is keeping you busy! I have so much respect and love for our ward young women leaders because they do sooooooo much! Let me know if you have any amazing ideas for activities, etc.

Karolyn said...

Happy Birthday Joey. AAAh those Disney land pictures and swimming in January really make me a bit jealous. It looks like fun though.