Friday, January 9, 2009

Welcoming 2009

Hi All-

So it's been a few weeks since I've posted. We had a great holiday but it was very strange. Joey and I have been in school since we got married 5 1/2 years ago and this year was the first year that we didn't have a 2 or 3 week break for Christmas and New Year's. We had our great holidays and then Joey was back to work, poor guy is working on a big case right now, in fact, last night he came to bed at 3:30am and was up at 6:30am to go back to the office! We have to get used to this real life stuff.

I'm very excited for 2009. We had a great 2008. Here are some highlights from our year:
Joey graduated from law school and passed the California bar.
We moved to Orange County, CA. I am now a Real Housewife of Orange County...yeah right!
We became homeowners.
Hayden turned 4!
The boys are crazy, rambunctious, and absolutely wonderful. They will be 2 in Feb. 2009.
Joey got called to be in the Elders Quorum Presidency.
I got called to the Young Women's Presidency.

My goal for the next year is to enjoy life a little more. My kids will only be kids for a short time and I want to remember every age and stage. I love them more and more each day! I also am going to simplify my life. Last year I had more hobbies that I knew what to do with and I was okay at most of them but not great at any. I want to focus on 1 or 2 hobbies and become really good at something.

Happy 2009!!!

3 comments:

karin said...

I hear ya on simplifying but I think I started that back in May subconsciously (so it doesn't count until I decide on my own to do it right?).

Bryan was at work at 6am this morning and 2 days ago he was there before 7am. Things they don't tell you in school.

Elizabeth said...

I am glad that you had such a great year. I hope this upcoming year will be even better. What hobbies to you hope to perfect?

Bryn Stucki said...

You guys are so great! I'm glad the OC is treating you well. Happy Belated birthday to Hayden. She is the cutest girl, and we totally miss her in primary. And your boys have grown so much. We miss you, Happy new year!