Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter!

I hope you all had a great Easter. We had a fantastic day! We woke-up and had a family devotional on the true meaning of this wonderful day. I know the kids were excited for the treats from the Easter Bunny, but I wanted them to remember that we were celebrating the blessing of the Atonement of our Savior. Joey always does a great job teaching our children, he doesn't talk down to them but he says things in a way that helps them understand. After our devotional, we headed downstairs to find the baskets the Easter Bunny hid. We had a quiet morning then went to church. Of course, the talks were wonderful and I'm so grateful for the knowledge I have. I feel so blessed to know about the Savior and his life. We came home to a feast for dinner and had an Easter Egg Hunt in our backyard. It was a great day!




4 comments:

karin said...

Your boys looked so cute, I forgot to tell you that you looked really good too. I enjoyed what I heard of the talks too. We try to remind the boys what Easter is really about too.

Elizabeth said...

Katie what great photos! I asked Sam what the true meaning of Easter was and he rolled his eyes and me and said "Duh, Jesus." Ok. He got it right :) We miss you and I love keeping up with your blog. LOVE YOU!

Jackie and Bryan said...

What a great idea...a family devotional! Looks like your new camera is working like a charm!! SO cute...as always.

Carr Family said...

I love the pictures. Your kids look so cute all dressed up in their Easter clothes. I love that you talked to them about the true meaning of Easter before you went and had your Easter Egg Hunt. I would like to do more next year. I felt like we didn't really emphasize it as much as we should have. So well done!!!! Thanks for being a good example to me. :)