Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Big Boy Beds

We decided to move the boys into big boy beds. I wanted them to be totally transitioned by the time the baby is here so they have no issues about the baby sleeping in the crib. The best part of the whole deal is that a great couple in our ward gave us the beds...for free! They can eventually turn into bunk beds and we will do that at some point but I need the boys to be a little bit older and a little bit less prone to taking nose-dives off of the top bunk. We've already had three nights with them in their big boys beds and I'm happy with how well they've done. Hopefully they will keep it up and in a week their cribs will be a distant memory.



6 comments:

Abby said...

The beds look great what a great deal. I am glad the boys are dealing well. I need to do this with Sawyer and I am so not looking forward to it.

karin said...

Wow. Glad they are taking this transition nicely. They love babies in Nursery, I am sure they will love their baby brother just as much. They have grown up so much in the past few months.

Elizabeth said...

What a cute room, Katie you are so creative. After I moved Sam to a big boy bed it took him a bit to realize that he could get out. Oh the power. He was pretty happy with himself once he realized he could get up and get in my bed whenever he wanted. :) Hope we get to visit and see these big boy beds!

Darcy and Shawn Patterson said...

Their room is adorable!!! Miss you! I need to come visit!! :)

Bethany said...

their room is so cute! great painting job! Hope they keep up the good work of staying in their beds!

Austin said...

Good job boys! Love the stripes on the wall, way cute!