Friday, March 19, 2010

Katie Turning Twenty-Eight(ie)

Joey here. I am stealing Katie’s idea of something nice that she did for my birthday this year and hijacking her blog to post a list of 28 things that I love about her, in honor of her 28th birthday (March 20th). This list could go on for miles but I’ll just put 28 of the first ones that come to mind. Here you go:

1) She runs our home like a well-oiled machine.
2) She lets me believe that I am in charge.
3) She is still scared of the dark and, if she goes to bed before I do, she keeps the upstairs hall light on so it’s not too dark in our room.
4) Despite her claims to the contrary, she is an excellent cook.
5) She will do anything for her friends.
6) She is probably the worst person ever at remembering song lyrics and it cracks me up.
7) She is very good at both board and video games (though she claims to hate video games) and is actually one of the best Guitar Hero players I have ever seen.
8) On a related note: She totally could have fronted an awesome girl band, but that ship has probably sailed at this point.
9) She laughs when I tease her about her tramp stamp.
10) She inherited amazing artistic skills from her mother and, among other things, can tole paint like nobody’s business.
11) She has a great sense of style and always looks like a million bucks, even though I usually make her buy her clothes off of clearance racks or from Target.
12) She knows her state capitals.
13) She genuinely enjoys watching sports of virtually all types.
14) She likes my absurdly hairy legs (or at least does a good job of pretending that she does).
15) She has endured three pregnancies (four babies total) and still has a smokin’ hot body.
16) She can’t keep anything from me.
17) She has waitressing in her blood and can’t help but refill my drink when she sees that it’s empty.
18) She loves In-N-Out almost as much as I do (though she opts for the regular cheeseburger instead of the 3x3).
19) We see eye-to-eye on pretty much every parenting issue.
20) She has an uncanny knack for being able to identify celebrities from their childhood pictures. It’s really quite remarkable.
21) She likes watching Jeopardy! with me and is quite good at it.
22) She puts up with my grammar snobbery.
23) She has allowed me to persuade her that Oprah, romantic comedies and the Twilight books are evil and/or ridiculous.
24) She’s an excellent dancer.
25) She never backs down in a wrestling match (though she will plead for mercy, feigning injury, and, once released, proceed to attack me again).
26) She is my favorite person to hang out with and I can talk to her about anything.
27) She understands that being a mother is the most important job in the world and would never put anything above our family.
28) She is the all-around best person I have ever known.

Happy birthday, Babe! I love you.

7 comments:

Karolyn said...

Happy Birthday Katie. You really are such an amazing person and mom. Like Joey said, you always look so great. I miss having our daily visits at the playground.

Abby said...

How cute!! Hope you have a wonderful Birthday! What a cute husband you have!!

Jen said...

love the post. Happy birthday Katie

Katy, Bill and Easton said...

What a good hubby! Wow! Happy Birthday and this makes me miss you bad! (:

Kindermusik with Celeste said...

ahhhh....happy birthday!

camille said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love that, Joey! I disagree with #23, but I think most women would. I mean, Oprah is heaven on earth man! Love all those little unknowns and some I knew! You guys are a great match and I felt giddy reading this! Happy Birthday, Katie!!!

Morgan Moore said...

Awww..Happy Birthday! You DO always look like a million bucks!!

xoxox