Monday, April 19, 2010

What a Weekend!

We had a great weekend! Hayden had her first soccer game but I didn't get any great shots so those pictures are still to come:) I also made the team banner so I will take pictures of that this weekend.

We went to the Mormon Battalion Visitors Center in San Diego on Saturday. We went on the tour and panned for gold. It was a story with which I was not previously familiar, and I was amazed at the faith of the Saints who traveled from Iowa to Southern California. This journey allowed them to earn the money and skills necessary to help the other Saints traveling to Utah.


While visiting the Visitors Center we also walked around Old Town San Diego. We went to an old-fashioned candy store and ate at a great Mexican restaurant.

Here is Jude sporting his San Francisco Giants outfit! Even though we live in SoCal our kids will learn from their father that Bay Area sports teams are the best (UCLA is the exception to that rule).


Link found Hayden's lipstick.


Link has been wanting to be a big helper lately so I let him set the table at dinner. He did a great job!


Oh Boy(s)!! They decided their dresser was a ladder. We had a serious talk and it will not be happening again!

3 comments:

The Four on Board said...

san diego has the best mexican restaurants! glad you had fun!

Morgan Moore said...

We ate at a really great restaurant in Old Town San Diego once--they had a great big outdoor patio. Anyway- we've been wanting to get down there- it looks like you had a great time!

Emily Andrus said...

We were just at the Mormon Battalion monument a few weeks ago. I laughed when I saw your pictures. It was awesome huh? I love your growing family. You guys are champs.