Monday, January 16, 2012

Kudos to SINGLE MOMS!

My hubby has been working non-stop for weeks now. I'm talkin' 17 hour days and weekends. He also left this past weekend for a much needed guys trip with his dad and brothers in Las Vegas. I'm so glad he got to go and get away from the office for 2 days but I really, really miss him. This "doing this all myself thing" is no fun!

He has been super stressed at work so I decided to do as much as I could over the past few weeks so when he got home (even if it was midnight) he didn't have any worries. I've been building bookcases, taking out the trash, changing light bulbs, getting up with the kids at all hours and doing all my normal mommy chores. And now I'm tired! I'm pooped! And all I have to say is, "I don't know how you single moms do it!" You are amazing! You are wonderful! And you deserve a break!

I know I do most of the work around the house, that is just how it works here. I'm a stay-at-home mom and I, honestly, take pride in the work I do here but I am soooooo grateful for all that Joey does because it helps me out so much. Oh, honey, I didn't get to one light bulb. I saved that for you to do today when you get home. It's in the bathroom, above my vanity. Thanks! I appreciate you! (It's nice to have you back again, at least for today)


And, really, a big KUDOS to single moms! And to one in particular. You know who you are (Lizard)! You are wonderful, amazing and you inspire me!

3 comments:

MaryClaire Brown said...

Oh how I completely understand. Things are much better now, but there were a couple of years when Brian consistently worked late into the night, and on Saturdays, and sometimes emergency's even came up on Sundays. It was rough...really really rough. Brian's been gone this weekend too (he was at the 49er game on Sat.), and we are so excited for him to get back in a couple of hours.

Elizabeth said...

Thanks Katie. It is hard and there are lots of times I wish some guy would just come over and change the light bulbs. Too bad you don't live closer I might make Joe do it LOL. LOVE YOU!!! And thanks for the kudos.

Dede said...

Oh, Katie you are so wonderful. Thanks for doing all that you do and thank you for appreciating Liz so much. Love you.