Monday, January 2, 2012

Trip to NorCal

Last week we decided to go to the Bay Area to visit our family. We called Joey's dad on Tuesday night and said we would be arriving Thursday afternoon but we told him not to tell Nonni. We surprised Joey's mom and showed up at the mall where she was shopping. She was very happy to see Jude wandering around the Disney Store!

On Friday we headed up to Palo Alto and San Francisco. In Palo Alto we went to a very cool lego exhibit (but I forgot my camera in the car) and then made the trip up to SF to see the Golden Gate Bridge and walk around Pier 39. We loved being with our cousins! It was a great time.



On Saturday we met up with some of our good friends for breakfast. Then Joey played in a no-holds-barred game of family soccer for our nephew, Jared's, soccer team. Our nephew is 11 years-old and he is an amazing athlete. He is on a traveling soccer team and during their break they have a soccer game against their families. Joey was recruited by his brother to play and it was a fun game! Both Joey and Jared scored!

On Saturday night, we went to Jeff and Carli's for a fantastic New Year's Eve party. We played Rock Band, Just Dance and ate way too much food! I am rarely the CHAMPION at anything because I surround myself with incredibly talented people but I AM THE CHAMPION AT JUST DANCE!!!! Wahoo! Aunt Carli outdid herself and the kids had a fantastic time! We had a great time ringing in the New Year with our Anderson family (minus Josh and Kerry, we missed you!)




(Lincoln beat these two ladies at Just Dance...not once but twice!)




It was a great trip and I'm grateful for a wonderful family! (My sister-in-law also took pictures, so more awesome pics to come!)

2 comments:

Dianne said...

I'm so glad you got to go to NorCal. Looks like everyone had a great time. What a fun surprise for Nonni!

Jenna said...

I know you're a great dancer! On stage at the Ellen show!!! :-)