Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A few random thoughts...

1. Hayden is 3-years-old and writes everything backwards...for example
esouh for house...the "e" is also backwards
nedyah for hayden...again the "e" is backwards too...
Should I be worried????

2. If you are a Stephenie Meyer fan than you may know that this whole series came about because she had a vivid dream and then started writing. Well at night before I go to bed, I think, "Okay, subconscience, please have a great dream that I can write about and make millions from." So then I start thinking about some plot, some amazing story and then BOOM, I'm out for the night. No vivid dream, no story to awaken me, just out. There goes my dreams of making millions!

3. My sweet husband is gone for the rest of the week and into the weekend. He knew I was having one of those days yesterday and knowing he wasn't going to be around the rest of the week, he brought me flowers when he came home from work. Hayden was a little jealous so she said, "What did you bring for me, Daddy." He had picked up some ground beef on the way home for me and he handed her the bag and said, "Ground Beef." Her reaction was priceless, "Ohhh, Daddy, thank you so much." She pulled the receipt out of the bag and read it like a card, "To Hayden. From Daddy. Ground Beef. I love you." I had a good reaction for my beautiful flowers, but Hayden's reaction over the ground beef trumped mine!

Sometimes it's fun to just be random!

Addition: About Hayden's writing...she is also a lefty so that might have something to do with it...I just want to make sure I don't have a Da Vinci on my hands!

9 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I am laughing out loud at work. That is so unbelievably hilarious. I wish I would get that excited about ground beef. She is such a jewel. I want to see her. I want to see you too. Give her a huge hug from me and Sam.

Bethany said...

that is a funny story! you need to write it down!
as far as writing goes - i think it's amazing that she's writing!! I wouldn't worry yet!

Dede said...

No worries Katie. She is just fine. Love your story about the ground beef. What an angel:)

Karolyn said...

I love your random thoughts. Hayden is so cute. That's so sweet and cute about the ground beef. I miss that girl. We need to come visit you and go to Disneyland. We should wait until we're freezing out tails off out here. That would make our California trip all the sweeter.

camille said...

ok, I am laughing out loud at the ground beef story. Since I just got to hang out with you guys I can totally picture her saying that. She is so so funny. And, about the writing backwards...Kai did that with his letters for a while and his preschool teacher (the main lady on campus) said that was totally normal. They are just learning. When can we hang out again? It was so fun seeing you.

ps. I have a great story to tell you about getting in a fight with an old lady, being a mama bear, etc. You'll die!

Jacy said...

I'm totally laughing at the ground beef story. I'm pretty impressed that Joey even thought to give her that. And then that she read the receipt like a card... such a priceless reaction! I love it!

Lane said...

I was just thinking about you, and thought I'd check your blog - I am so glad I did because I am laughing SO HARD about the GROUND BEEF -hayden, to die for cute!

Lane (lano)

tawni said...

Oh wow. I love #3. That's priceless. As for the making millions off of dreams, good luck. I could sell my dream I had last night, but it would have a rated R and be called "Tawni does Texas" haha. JUST KIDDING.

Unknown said...

Really normal for kids to write backwards, especially kids with Joey's DNA.

Cute story about the meat, made me hungry, i just ate a cat.