Monday, October 6, 2008

Double the Pleasure, Double the Fun! (Double the Poopy Diapers)

Two years ago today is when Joey and I found out we were having twins. I was 18 weeks pregnant and, ultimately had the boys at 35 weeks. After we found out about the boys we quickly moved to a bigger apartment, got a bigger car, bought double of everything and tried to prepare our minds for two babies...Here is my journal entry from that day:

"Yesterday was one of the best and most shocking days of my life. Joey and I went to the doctor hoping to find out if we were having a boy or girl. As the doctor was performing the ultrasound, a funny look crossed her face and she asked if we had already had an ultrasound. I said no and asked if she saw two babies in there...as a joke. She replied by asking if twins ran in either of our families. She saw two babies!!!! Both boys!!! Holy cow!!! We are having twins. We had to go back to the hospital last night to do a more detailed ultrasound to make sure the boys were in separate sacs and that they were healthy. Everything looked great and we were very relieved. Had there only been one sac, many complications could occur, so the fact that they are in separate sacs is huge. There is only one placenta so chances are they are identical, but we can't say for sure. We have decided to name them Lincoln Joseph and Spencer Robert. I'm so excited and overwhelmed. I know Heavenly Father will help me do this. I know Joey is a wonderful supportive husband who will be there for me. I know Hayden is the sweetest girl in the world and will be my little helper. I have the support of family and friends. we have a lot to do to get ready for these little guys!!!! This better be the biggest surprise these two little boys ever throw my way!!!! I love them already and look forward to having our family grow."

Spence and Link have been a huge blessing to our family. I'm so thankful for my little boys! I am grateful to be a mom and have the opportunity to learn everyday from my little angels. (FYI...they are identical if you didn't know).




The boys on the way to the NICU.
Lincoln

Spencer

5 comments:

karin said...

Wow. I think I would remember the date of finding out about twins. I don't remember the date of my second but I remember Bryan's reaction because he was studying in the library between classes "can we talk about this when I get home?"

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing, Katie! That was fun to read. I love looking back a year from each day to see what I was doing.

Abby said...

Seriously I am sure Jeff and I both would have a heart attack if we ever had twins. I don't know how you do it!! They are so cute and fun!!

camille said...

Incredible!!! Your boys are simply perfect! p.s. my sister just had her twin girls at 31 wks. Everyone is doing ok! Crazy, eh?

Karolyn said...

If anyone I know could handle twins it is you. You have done such an amazing job with your family. I was always impressed with your sense of humor and your positive attitude as a mom. We miss you guys. Ruby still talks about "Spencers."