Monday, November 10, 2008

Tagged...

Favorite Person (outside family): I have some amazing friends I couldn't pick just one...I have been really blessed!

Favorite Food: Chocolate and Mexican...Ohhhh how I wish Cafe Rio were close!


Quirks about you: I have a little bit of OCD ...Joey makes fun of me and says I'm like Howard Hughes and afraid of germs...he's kind of right!


Any regrets in this life: The big, ugly tattoo on my back.


Favorite Charity/Cause:
I give most of my charitable contributions to the LDS church and as many of us know, they do amazing things with the money.

Favorite Blog: My sister's blog because I never see her!

Something You Can't Get Enough of: If Joey gets home early enough, we turn on the music and have a dance party in our family room. We all dance and have a blast. The kids laugh and laugh and it is perfect!


Worst Job You've Ever Had: Ohhhhhh, that's hard. It would either have to be when I was in-between jobs when Joey and I were first married and I waitressed at a hole-in-the-wall diner or when my parents thought they should teach me responsibility and made me work at a friend's catering business during Spring Break to save money for my choir trip to NYC...I have done a lot of food service jobs that I thoroughly enjoyed...anyone know Rosa's in Provo, I waitressed there for a few years in college and loved that job!


What Job Would You Pay NOT to Have:
Sign waver...I loved holding signs for Prop. 8 but I believed in it. I can't imagine waving a sign for Subway or Mervyn's...I would go bananas!

Guilty Pleasure:
America's Next Top Model, Project Runway and Top Chef. I watch them by myself. Ohhhh and I love cookie dough, whenever I make cookies, I love sneaking cookie dough.

Got Any Confessions: Not that anyone deserves to know!


If you had $1000 to spend on yourself, how would you spend it?:
If I HAD to spend it on myself, then I would spend a day at the spa and go shopping. That would be heavenly!

Favorite Thing About Your House: I'll be honest, I LOVE MY HOUSE! My parents moved overseas when I was in high school. Since they lived so far away, I never went "home" for breaks from college. I feel like I have the home that I missed for so long. It's comfortable and it's peaceful and I love it!


One Thing You are Bad at:
I wanted to learn how to knit and I tried and my fingers wouldn't listen to the directions from my brain. I know it takes practice but someone is going to have to sit and show me if I'm ever going to learn.

If You Could Change One Thing About Your Circumstances, what would it be?:
I would have our student loans paid off!

Who would you like to meet someday:
Ummmm, that's hard. If it's someone fun that I would like to meet then I would pick Clinton from What Not To Wear...he's my gay crush! We could go shopping and have lunch...a girl can dream! If it's a serious person I would like to meet, ummm that's too hard....I'll stick to Clinton.

What makes you feel sexy?: Working-out...I wish I could do it more!
Since I had the boys my
body isn't the same, I don't think it will ever be, but working out makes me feel like I'm my old pre-baby self.

Who is Your Real Life Hero?:
My parents moved to Japan my senior year of high school and my brother and sister-in-law moved into our house. I was not the easiest teenager to live with and they were soooooooo good to me. I would have to say that they helped me more than they will ever know. My hubby is one of my heroes too. He sees more potential in me than I will ever see in myself. He expects a lot out of me because he believes in me. He really makes me a better person...I know it sounds cliche, but it's true!

What is the hardest part of your job?:
Trying to communicate and reason with two 21-month old boys.

When are you most relaxed?: I have gotten three facials in my life and I wish I could have one once a month. I love feeling warm under the blankets and then the smell of the oils...ohhhh, it's so nice. I prefer facials to massages...I'll send hints Joey's way for my birthday!


What can you not live without?: My family...I love Joey, Hayden, Spencer and Lincoln more than life itself!


Do you agree or disagree with the recent article that reported that blogs are authored by narcissists? Haven't read it, but it's just like a photo album and people choose to read it...I don't expect anyone to read this...it's more for myself...maybe that means I'm narcissistic!

Why do you blog? To keep my mom and mother-in-law happy! I enjoy reading everyones blogs and I'm sure there are one or two of you out there that like reading mine!

Who are you tagging? Abby, Karin, Bethany and whoever else wants to do it!!!!

7 comments:

Dede said...

Thanks for making me happy;)

karin said...

LOVE it. I am going to do this as soon as I have 2 hands.

camille said...

That was a blast to read! I love knowing more about you, Katie! I remember Rosas!!!!!!!!! You were one of my favorite parts about working there, too. I've always loved you! :)

Bethany said...

OK, I just read this so that's why I haven't done the Tag. I'm ready to start working out. So if you ever want to walk give me a call. I went to the mall tonight to buy fat clothes and left with nothing because I was so disgusted! I need to lose more weight before I buy any clothes.

jean said...

I had a blast reading this! And don't worry, you and I can always be OCD buddies!!

Shumway's said...

Katie, we have a lot in common. I adore Clinton and I would even add Tim Gunn from Project Runway. Timm would be more like an older guru shopping/style buddy. Cliton on the other hand is utterly adoreable! Facials are a favorite too. Wish we were closer. I dont have an chicks to go do that stuff with!! Keep blogging. I feel like I get to talk to you when I read it. Love you guys! -Sarah

Unknown said...

You may not be willing to be a sign waver, but I have to turn away people at the local soup kitchen when i go to hire a crew. Every body wants to be of use in some way and the money they earn gives them some choices as opposed to having to accept handouts to survive.