Saturday, February 25, 2012

30 in 25

This is the bike I inherited from my older brothers. I didn't care it was blue. I didn't care it was a boy.s bike. I didn't care it was trashed. I just wanted a bike! I spent a whole summer riding that bike all over the neighborhood and it was such a tough bike to ride. I eventually told my dad it was really hard to ride and he took a look at it and realized there was a hole about the size of a half dollar in one of the tires. Yup, I rode around on a totally flat tire for an entire summer. I just wanted a bike!



6 comments:

Dede said...

Johnny Cash wrote a song entitled, "A boy named Sue." Well that song made an impression on me, but I decided to give you a boys, dirt bike, in poor to trashed condition instead of a confusing name. "Girl, this world is rough and if a Woman's gonna make it, she's gotta be tough." That's why I gave you that piece of
crap, mountain bike. It worked it's magic; you are the total package. Beautiful, tough,witty, and inspirational to those of us who need a shining star to guide us. At least I didn't insist on naming you Harold. Love you, Dad

Katie Anderson said...

Dad, our boys LOVE that Johnny Cash song! You would be proud of them. They sing along to all Johnny Cash...it's especially funny to hear then sing "Folsom Prison Blues". Anyway, thank you for not naming me Harold!!

Elizabeth said...

Haha. I remember that bike. Dad's right you are inspirational! Love you.

Joey Joe Joe Jr. Shabadoo said...

Just for the record, Papa, "A Boy Named Sue" was actually written by Shel Silverstein. When you've got Johnny Cash performing a Shel Silverstein song, you can't go wrong. One of my favorites.

Thank you for not naming Katie, Harold. That might have been a deal breaker. :)

Dede said...

"A boy named Sue was written by Shel Silverstien?" Figures, I'm the same guy who misspelled Groucho Marx' name. I've suffered untold indignities for that! Dad

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.