Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Dreaded In-Laws

So when I say "in-laws" some people might sigh or moan. They might think of the crazy people their spouse is somehow related to to. But not me! I have really, really great in-laws! So this is just a post to say thanks!

Bobpa! This is my father-in-law. We call him Bob or Bobpa (if I call him "Bobpa" I have a higher chance of getting what I want!). He is pretty wonderful. He and I like to joke around with each other. We also like to take each others' sides in arguments just to bug the other Andersons. We like to play Scrabble with each other and he doesn't make me feel dumb for not knowing the words he puts on the board (though I must admit, half the time he doesn't know the word he puts on the board!). We like to laugh. He has shared many a recipe with me and I love to bake his wonderful concoctions. His cookies are the best and I haven't quite mastered them but I'm working on it! I've been married to Joey for 8 1/2 years and I'm still trying to figure out Bobpa's joking face. He could say, "I've been to Mars", with a straight face and for a split second I think, "Maybe he has been to Mars." He is a pretty wonderful guy and I'm thankful for his love!



Nonni! This is my mother-in-law. She and I are very much alike. We both like order and cleanliness and she doesn't think I'm crazy when she hears about the things I do around my house. She just says, "I understand." She and I both love shopping and she makes a really good shopping partner. She really loves my kids and I love hearing her sing to them. When she visits, she sings to the kids every night and they just love it! We have tried to teach the kids all the Nonni songs and I think we have most of them down. I remember being pregnant with the twins and having one of the hardest weeks and calling her and saying, "I need help." Within 24 hours she was at my house taking care of Hayden and me. I love her homemade dinners... oh wait, no I don't! She doesn't cook. And I love that about her! She gave Joey zero expectations of what a wife should make for dinner and Joey is happy with whatever I make, except tacos, Joey is always a little disappointed on taco night. She is always up for dessert. I know if I'm with Nonni we will be eating chocolate! I gain 5 lbs when she is around and she stays her skinny self! She is one amazing lady and I'm so grateful for her presence in my life!


I honestly could go on and on but I should save some compliments for the next 50 years!

I'm thankful for you guys, Bob and Deborah! You are two amazing people and I'm glad Joey picked me so I could be a part of this Anderson clan!

Love you!

4 comments:

Catherine Fishback said...

I love them too!!! They are the best.

Susan Hymas said...

"I'm still trying to figure out Bobpa's joking face. He could say, "I've been to Mars", with a straight face and for a split second I think, "Maybe he has been to Mars.""

This makes me think of Grandpa Hymas. Have you ever noticed sometimes when Grandpa is telling stories how many of us grandkids have to look at Grandma to see if the story is real or not? :)

Dee said...

Wow! I think that your relationship with your inlaws is amazing... and rare... LoL.
beneaththeelmtree.blogspot.com

Katie Anderson said...

Yes, Susan! Grandpa is the exact same!