Tuesday, March 6, 2012

30 in 15


This is me at my high school graduation. My parents were living in Japan at the time and flew back so they could attend. I spoke at my high school graduation and I remember it so clearly. I spoke about enjoying life, especially the little moments. I laugh at myself because I had so little life experience but my words still ring so true. I read my speech from that day and I can apply so much of what I said to my almost 30-year-old self. Sometimes I'm waiting for that next big thing to happen, but if I'm always waiting then I miss out on the wonderful, little moments that are always happening. Now that I've graduated from BYU, been married, seen my hubby graduate from law school, purchased a home, and had 4 children, many of my BIG moments have passed. I'm sure there will be more, but we had a lot in a short amount of time. Now it's time for me to enjoy my children, my husband and my wonderful life...it's time to stop and smell the daisies (that was the theme of my graduation speech from more than 10 years ago).

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You are amazing! I would say more but there isn't any more to say. You are amazing!!

Dede said...

Ditto to what Liz said.