Thursday, March 1, 2012

30 in 20

This is my big brother, Kipp. He and I are only 20 months apart and we were little buddies growing up. Kipp is hearing impaired and has been wearing hearing aides since they discovered his hearing loss when he was 3-years-old. He speaks incredibly well now but when he was little he didn't speak as clearly. My mom tells me that I was his little translator. Whenever Kipp said anything everyone would look to me to figure out what he said. Friends, neighbors and family members relied on me to translate.



I love this story. I love that siblings can be each other's best buddies even if they fight and bicker. I think of this story often when I see my kids. My kids fight but they also love each other so much. There isn't anything better that watching my kids playing together, sticking up for one another and just enjoying one another.


2 comments:

Susan Hymas said...

Those are cute pictures. Just wanted to tell you that you've inspired me to do my own 30 day blogging challenge. Thanks for the inspiration :)

Elizabeth said...

You're right Kipp is a stud :)